The Coles 4040 is a studio ribbon microphone with an extended, flat frequency response suitable for capturing vocals and instruments with pristine transparency and detail.
The pressure gradient ribbon transducer is capable of withstanding high sound pressure levels without distortion and the bi-directional (figure 8) polar pattern provides a uniform pick up response at either side of the diaphragm.
The 4040 remains flat beyond 20kHz, while maintaining a uniform frequency response at the vertical and horizontal planes. The bi-directional pattern proves valuable when capturing multiple singers, musical instruments, ambiance capturing and more.
- Pressure Gradient Ribbon Transducer
- High sensitivity and SPL handling are just some of the attributes associated with ribbon transducers; the 4040 is hailed for its overall sonic performance.
- Flat Frequency Response
- The flat and wide frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz results in rich, transparent audio reproduction while eliminating low frequency noise.
- Bi-directional Polar Pattern
- The bi-directional (figure 8) polar pattern provides an even pick up response at both sides of the diaphragm.
- Low Hum and Noise Floor
- The tailored frequency response and hum eliminating electronics, result in an output stage that provides high audio gain levels and low noise floor.
- • Frequency Response:20Hz - 20KHz
• Polar Response: Figure of Eight
• Impedance: 300?
• Sensitivity: -65dB W.R.T. IV/Pa
• Distortion: Less than 1% at 125 dB SPL
• Connection: Standard 3PIN XLR