Following in the wake of the extremely successful CMS 50 and CMS 65 monitors, the Focal CMS 40 offers you the same exceptional definition and precision imaging, in a smaller format that's ideal for nearfield monitoring. A pair of CMS 40 studio monitors can provide you with amazing monitoring accuracy as close as 16" away. They are absolutely ideal for use in monitoring situations where space is limited and sympathetic vibrations may cause objects and surfaces to rattle. They also make wonderful satellites for surround monitoring, and if you have a larger and better-tuned studio, a pair of CMS 40 monitors is a wonderful secondary monitoring source, allowing you to check that your mixes will translate onto smaller speakers. Whatever your setup may be, the unmistakable quality and detail of Focal CMS 40 studio monitors can help you produce better music.
Focal CMS 40 Active Studio Monitor Features at a Glance:
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 60Hz-28kHz
- Maximum SPL: 97dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input: XLR/RCA
- HF amplifier stage: 25W rms, Class AB
- LF amplifier stage: 25W rms, Class AB
- Tuning: low- and high-frequency shelving filters with adjustable frequencies
- Woofer: 4" Focal drive unit, 1" polyglass cone
- Tweeter: Aluminum/magnesium inverted-dome Focal tweeter
- Construction: Reinforced and damped die-cast aluminum cabinet
- Finish: Black-powdered paint
- Dimensions with spikes: 9-3/8 x 6-1/8 x 6-1/8"
- Dimensions with table stand: 9-9/16 x 6-1/8 x 6-1/8"
- Net weight: 11 lbs.
|LF Driver Size
|LF Driver Type
|LF Driver Material
|HF Driver Size
|HF Driver Type
|HF Driver Material
|LF Driver Power Amp
|HF Driver Power Amp
||60hz-28kHz (±3 dB)
|Maximum Peak SPL
||1 x XLR, 1 x RCA
||9.38" (with Spikes), 9.56" (with Table Stand)
|Manufacturer Part Number